I used the Cuttlebug embossing folders for the text on these cards. I ran into a little problem with the folders because they are so short, it really limits the way you can position the text when you want to emboss directly on the card base. So, it was a little scary, but I cut apart the embossing folders that I used on these cards. I positioned the top half of the folder on the card where I wanted the text and then taped it down, then by holding the card up to the light (or you could use a light table) I aligned the back half of the folder with the front half and taped it down also. I ran it through the Cuttlebug and it worked. You really do have to get them perfectly aligned so it does add some time to the process.
Cuttlebug, if you are listening... could you make the folders longer so we have more flexibility for positioning them on our projects...please :)