Monday, September 7, 2009

How about a Mardi Gras mask...

I made this from a plain white mask I bought at the craft store.


First, I trimmed the mask to change the shape, then I sprayed it with Tattered Angels glimmer mist and glued a braided ribbon along the entire edge. Then I sprayed some chipboard swirls with glimmer mist and added them to the mask. I placed some gems around the nose area and a large crystal swirl to one side. Then I glued a ribbon-wrapped stick to the back of the mask on one side and tied some ribbons to the top of the stick.
You know, I bought three of these masks (they were very inexpensive) figuring I would mess this project up a couple of times, but I really like the way the first one turned out. :)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Hi Patti, this mask looks wonderful! I also looked at the other items you posted, wonderful as usual. I love the book covers. I will be showing these to my daughter that will be starting high school tomorrow. Did you ever post the pictures of your studio? I may have missed them somehow. Have a great night.
Shirley