Saturday, September 26, 2009

Last of the cards from last weekend...

Here are the last of the cards from my big card-making marathon last weekend. On this first one, I altered the white flower with Glimmer Mist and chalk inks, and then I added a pearl and gem combo in the center.



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper and Diecuts: Marks Paper Company; Ribbon: Offray; Flower: Prima; Rub-on: Making Memories; Gems: Michaels, Mark Richards; Pearls: Mark Richards; Spray Ink: Tattered Angels; Ink: Clearsnap.

On this one, I wanted to make the flower more brownish purple. Marks Paper Company does make both a digital and physical version of their kits, so I could have just altered the digi version to brownish purple, printed and used that, but I thought I try to alter the one I already had in my hand. I lightly colored over the flower with a brown colored pencil, I like the way it turned out, I think this technique could be used for a lot of those times when something is just a shade or two off of what you want.



Products: Blank Card and Cardstock: PaperSource; Patterned Diecuts: Marks Paper Company; Ribbon: Offray; Pearls: K&Company; Gems: Mark Richards.


Here I covered the butterflies in German Glass Glitter, I like this type of glitter, it's not as bright as regular glitter and it has more of old old-time nostalgic feel to it.


Products: Blank Card: Making Memories; Pattered Paper: Marks Paper Company; Diecuts: Marks Paper Company; Chipbiard: We R Memory Keepers; Ribbon: Target; Glitter Glass: Athena Scrapbooking and Paper Art .


The is just a simple card, after I made it I wasn't quite sure who I would give the card to...but now I'm thinking think it would really be nice for a young girls birthday or elementary school graduation.



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: Marks Paper Company; Ribbon: Offray; Chipboard: We R Memory Keepers, My Minds Eye.


So here is my first official holiday card for this year. I guess it's never too early to start, and in reality it must not be that early because the stores have already started putting out the holiday decor for sale!



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: Marks Paper Company; Greeting Diecut: Gartner Studios; Snowflake: K&Company; Ribbon: Wyle Inc; Staple: EK Success.

So, that's it for that round of cards. I've been working on a few things today; maybe I can get the photos taken and get them posted tomorrow.  

Thanks for stopping by today!   Patty

No comments: