Saturday, November 14, 2009

Operation Write Home Blog Hop...

If you are here for the Operation Write Home (OWH) blog hop, Welcome! If you just happen to be stopping by, you couldn't have come at a better time! Today I'm in a blog hop for OWH, this organization sends handmade cards to deployed heroes so they can keep in touch with their loved ones at home. As of last week, more than 246,000 cards have been shipped to deployed service men and women!  For this hop, most of the crafters you visit will have at least two cards to share....an "AnyHero card" (with a note inside for a deployed hero) and a Valentine for a hero to send home to a sweetheart!  If you wondering why Valentine's cards, the deadline for sending winter holiday cards is passed, the deadline for Valentines is 8 January. So, first I'll show you my cards and then the awesome prize I have to give away. It's a long post of cards so make sure you make it to the bottom to sign-up for the prize!  :)

Here is my "AnyHero card".



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: SEI; Diecuts: SEI; Chipboard: Tattered Angels; Gems: Prima, MAMBI; Ribbon: Making Memories; Rubon: Creative Imaginations.

Here are the Valentine / love cards I'm sending.



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Rubons: My Minds Eye; Fabric Brad: Little Yellow Bicycle; Flowers: We R Memory Keepers; Embroidery String: Bazzill; Ink: Clearsnap. Digital Products: Patterned Paper (color altered) and Scalloped Card (color altered): Marks Paper Company.


Products: Card Base: PaperSource; Diecut Note Card: K&Company; Chipboard and Epoxy Stickers: Creative Imaginations; Transparency Diecut: K&Company; Silk Leaves: Offray; Flowers: Prima; Brad: Basic Grey.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Ribbon: Making Memories, Mrs. Grossman’s; Rub-on: Fancy Pants; Diecuts: K&Company; Love Sticker: Anna Griffen; Pearls: Kaiser Craft, Mark Richards. Digital Products: Patterned Papers: Frivolous Sunday Love Kit by Doris Castle at ScrapbookGraphics.com.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Diecuts: K&Company, Jenni Bowlin; Gems: MAMBI; Rub-on: Three Bugs in a Rug; Ribbon: American Crafts. Digital Products: Papers and Elements: For Everlasting by Doris Castle at ScrapbookGraphics.com.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Diecuts: K&Company, Jenni Bowlin; Gems: MAMBI; Rub-on: Three Bugs in a Rug; Ribbon: Offray. Digital Products: Papers and Elements: For Everlasting by Doris Castle at ScrapbookGraphics.com.


Products: Chipboard Letters: Basic Grey; Flower Stickers: Sandylion; Heart Sticker: K&Company. Digital Products: Right Now Quick Album by BaersGarten at scrapbookgraphics.com. Fonts: CK Ali’s Hand and Letter Gothic.

All of the Valentines I'm sending this time came from my existing stash. And when I was looking through my card box, I found some others (shown below) that I wanted to send as well. They are always in need of "missing you" and general sentiments cards. They have some suggestions as to what types of card to send here. They ship cards from several locations and here on the blog each shipper keeps you up-to-date with any particular needs they may have. There are some restrictions and guidelines for the cards here.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: Marks Paper Company; Felt Diecut and Flowers: Prima; Felt Circle: Provo Craft; Epoxy Button: Jo-Ann.


Products: Matte photo paper: Staples; Blank Card: DCWV; Button Brads: Making Memories; Ribbon: Morex Corp.; Flowers: American Crafts and Michael Miller Memories; Rub-on: Karen Foster; Ink: Colorbox. Digital Products: Paper: Corina Nielsen.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Pattered Paper: Marks Paper Company; Chipboard: Tattered Angels; Diecuts: Marks Paper Company; Gems: Prima; Rub-ons: We R Memory Keepers, Deja View.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Flowers: Prima; Acrylic Drops: The Robin's Nest; embroidery thread, googly eye.  Digital Products: Quick Page: Right Now Quick Album from BaersGarten at scrapbookgraphics.com; Word Art: Playing with Word Art Vol. 9.by Natali at scrapbookgraphics.com.


Products: Blank Card: K&Company; Flower Stickers: Pooch and Sweetheart; Rub-ons: Paper Salon, Creative Imaginations.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: Marks Paper Company; Ribbon: Offray; Chipboard: We R Memory Keepers, My Minds Eye.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper and Diecuts: Marks Paper Company; Acrylic Drops: The Robins Nest; Epoxy Stickers and Tag: Gartner Studios.


Products: Blank Card: K&Company; Flower Stickers: Pooch and Sweetheart; Gems: MAMBI, Mark Richards; Ribbon: Offray; Stamp: Basic Grey; Ink: Clearsnap.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Rub-ons: Heidi Grace; Letter Stamps: Inkadinkado; Ribbon: Michaels; Colored Pencils: Berol Prismcolor.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Rub-ons: Heidi Grace; Letter Stamps: Inkadinkado; Ribbon: We R Memory Keepers; Colored Pencils: Berol Prismcolor.


Products - Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Button: Autumn Leaves; String. Digital Products - Paper and Elements: Shabby Spice Kit from Studio Ellie at scrapbookgraphics.com; Font: Freehand 521.


Products - Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Button: Autumn Leaves. Digital Products - Paper and Elements: Shabby Spice Kit from Studio Ellie at scrapbookgraphics.com; Font: Freehand 521.


Products - Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Brad: Imaginisce; Ink: Clearsnap. Digital Products - Paper and Elements: Brighter Days Mini Kit from Studio Ellie at scrapbookgraphics.com.


Products - Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Button: Autumn Leaves; Pen: Paper Mate; Ink: Clearsnap; String. Digital Products - Paper and Elements: Delicious Kit from Studio Ellie at scrapbookgraphics.com.


Products: Blank Card Base: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Spray Ink: Tattered Angels; Flowers: Prima; Paper Bead: Martha Stewart; Beaded Pins: Making Memories; Rub-on: Deja Voews; Ribbon: Offray; Gem: MAMBI; Embossing Power; Embossing Ink; Cuttlebug.


Prodcust: Cardstock: Bazzill; Ribbon: We R Memory Keepers, Fancy Pants; String: Bazzill.  Digital Products. Background Paper: Late Summer Afternoon Kit by Baers Garten at scrapbookgraphics.com; Bee and Balloons: MZ Girl Kit by Ziska and MGL Scraps at scrapbookgraphics.com.


Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Ribbon: American Crafts; String: Bazzill.   Digital Products. Background Paper: Late Summer Afternoon Kit by Baers Garten at scrapbookgraphics.com; Bee and Balloons: MZ Girl Kit by Ziska and MGL Scraps at Scrapbookgrpahics.com.


Products: Blank Card Base: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Spray Ink: Tattered Angels; Flowers: Prima, Bazzill; Fabric Brad: Hot Off the Press; Beaded Pins: Making Memories; Rub-on: Deja Voews; Ribbon: Offray; Embossing Power; Embossing Ink; Cuttlebug.


Products - Cardstock: Bazzill; Colored Acrylic Drops: The Robin's Nest. Digital Products - Paper: Micah Kit from Studio Ellie at scrapbookgraphics.com; Butterflies: Flutterby Butterflies Kit from Studio Ellie at scrapbookgraphics.com; Font: Freehand 521.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: SEI; Flower: Prima; Epoxy Accent: Jo-Ann Fabrics.

On a personal note, for my entire professional career (I'm a planner / landscape architect), I've worked on site and facility planning projects for the DoD. As such, I have had the opportunity to work on so many wonderful projects that support our warriors and their families on installations both here and overseas. And I love that through OWH, I can provide thanks and support to these individuals and their families with my card-making addiction as well. I hope if you just happened to stop by today and were previously unaware of OWH that you visit some more stops on the hop and check out OWH's webite and blog - they can really use your help!!!

OK - on to the prize...I'm very fortunate to be on CTs for some fabulous companies! Both Marks Paper Company and scrapbookgraphics.com have donated something for me to give away. The Marks Paper Company prize includes a full set of each of the collections shown below (both the paper and the digital versions)!





And scrapbookgraphics.com has donated a $15 coupon for their Studio Collective store. This is the part of the store that houses awesome kits that are comprised of designs from a mix of their designers. So you get a great variety of coordinated digital papers and elements in each kit. The latest kit is called Impressions of Traditions (shown below), you can see all of the kits in this series here. I'm sure the winner is going to have a hard time choosing just one of these!





And to top it off - I'm going to add some goodies from my stash to the mix!  So before you go, leave me a comment on this post, I'll pick a winner and announce it here on Monday evening.  The prize includes both paper and digital goodies. If you are a strictly paper or strictly digital crafter and wouldn't have any use for the other type of supplies, let me know that in your comment. If you get selected, I'll pick another winner for the other part of the prize.

To see the entire list of blog hop participants, go here.  The next stop after me is Cut and Paste Memories. There are four great cards waiting for you there and an opportunity to win some more goodies! 

Happy hopping and thanks so much for stopping by today!  Patty

45 comments:

Operation Write Home said...

Wow wow wow...I'm going to have to come back and look through your blog when my mind isn't so blown - your cards are stunning! The detail is just amazing...wow!!

Thanks so much for sharing about your connection with the DoD - I love hearing just a little of everyone's motivation :) :):)

Happy Hopping!!!

JPScraps said...

I have to agree with OWH. Your cards are amazing!!!

Dixie Cochran said...

I'm overwhelmed! You have a terrific talent! I'm going to bookmark you blog.

Maggie Lamarre said...

patti,
those cards are luvly.
Thanks for including Markspaperco :)
Maggie

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Your cards are absolutely stunning! What a great cause. Thanks for letting me know about the blog hop.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous details on these cards. Just beautifull!

Unknown said...

A wonderful selection of beautiful cards! Thanks so much for sharing them with us! And thanks, too for the great blog candy!

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous cards... all of them and what detail!!! I'll definitely be back to take my time admiring them!!! So glad you joined the bloghop today. TFS!

Anita said...

Amazing cards!

Doris said...

Beautiful cards! If you pick me, I'm only into paper, so you can pick another name for the digital items. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Your designs are fabulous. But I can't find were to sign up so I can follow your site. Will try to remember.

Thanks for the Blog Candy - how great.

marthamoser@sbcglobal.net

Cyn said...

Wow! Great cards -- thanks for sharing!

debb said...

OMG these are beautiful! You are very talented! Thank you to for the wonder chance at all the fab goodies. I will be back later for a more in depth look (I fear I am nearly at the end of my time for this hop- it's a long one!)

Scrappycath said...

Oh Patty, your cards always blow me away - but this grouping is even more fabulous! Your talent is amazing. I'm so glad that you are sharing your gift in such a wonderful way.

Your prizes are stunning. I love all the papers and goodies! I love working in digital, paper and hybrid, so yes I do have my fingers crossed! :)

The Wired Angel said...

Wow.. your cards are phenomenal. Thanks for helping to spread the word about this wonderful way to help our service men and women. Hugs, Peggy

peggysue said...

Okay, I can't believe the eye candy that I just saw. Your creations are gorgeous. Wow.

Shelley said...

This is such a heartening venture. Here in Canada, the painting guild I belong to also creates and sends cards for our troops. They range from painted, thru to stamped and embossed cards in every style imaginable and are received with great appreciation. It's such a little thing we can do for our heroes!

~ Shelley (traditional paper-aholic, lol - thinking 'bout digital, but love getting my fingers sticky [grin])

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, great cards.

Carmen O. said...

Wowza! What a wonderful stash of cards you have and each one of them more beautiful than the last! Beautiful work!!

Kay said...

Oh wow! I'm so in awe of your talent - there are some lucky troops out there that have no idea what gorgeousness is about to reach them. That Any Hero card with the owl? Amazing!
Thanks so much for sharing your art with us.

Tanya said...

Oh my! Your cards are gorgeous!!

Tammy said...

Oh WOW!! your cards are gorgeous! Love your style!

Cassie said...

Your cards are simply stunning! I am overwhelmed by your talent. . .WOW! ;D

MarcyK924 said...

Your cards are stunning! And your story is so heartfelt. Thanks for all your support for OWH!! I'm putting your blog on my favs.

Carla Gade said...

Awesome cards! What a wonderful crafty and supportive thing we can do for our troops! God bless them, and you!

carlagade [at] gmail [dot] com

grandmalee said...

STUNNING!!!! I'm so jealous of your talent & creativity! You are truly blessed! Thanks for helping our heroes AND offering this great blog candy from these great vendors! I just got into digis, but I'll be happy to win anything...more cards for our heroes, right?
grandma_lee_t AT yahoo DOT com

Lisa said...

Wow, I have definitely found some great inspiration here!

Kas said...

MY GOODNESS!! I will definately be looking at your site more often. AMAZING!

Lisette said...

Oh so neat!!

cr8iveme said...

My Goodness one wonderful card after another.

The troops are sure to love ALL the cards you made.

{hugs}
M.E.

Erika said...

Such beautiful cards! You are so incredibly creative!!!

(FYI: I only do paper...not digital. Thanks!)

Stacie said...

What a great assortment of cards. TFS

jmutchler said...

Beautiful cards!

Thanks for the chance at the wonderful goodies.

Loni said...

stunning works of art and love. Thanks for supporting OWH. Hugs, Loni

Scrapacat said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Just stunning projects! I love each one, and plan to come back to visit so your projects can inspire mine. Thanks so much!!
~ky
http://bunnynest.blogspot.com

Holly @ InkPaperStamps said...

What a bounty of beautiful cards! I think I like the apple one best--no wait, the Hi 'balloons, or maybe. . . .

Boy, the heroes are going to have a hard time picking from this crop. . . .

Nancy Keller said...

Oh my gosh the cards! There are so many amazing things to look at! I love your blog. Thanks for sharing!

paperscissors said...

are you kidding! i can't believe the depth of your talent! perhaps it comes from your connection with the DoD that your inspiration and your generous heart are evident in your creations! if i win please share the digital prize with another deserving soul.

Kathy said...

Thank you for your support of OWH. I have a son in the USAF and know how much it means.

Your cards are just beautiful.
Kathy

SuzAnn said...

WOW I really love your style. that just between you and me card is absolutely beautiful! I'm bookmarking you for future inspiration even though I'm strictly a traditional paper crafter.

shelly said...

All your cards are super!!!! I am sure the troops love your cards!

Michelle's Inky Fingers said...

I love your cards! I am completely blown away by your cards - just stunning! I am so proud to be one of your blog hop neighbors! TFS!!! ~Michelle

Flowers said...

Just gone through each and every card deigned by you and found it to be awesome. You are a blesses artist. Love your samples.

GretaB said...

Wow!! Yeah, wow. Your cards are all so detailed and amazing! Thank you for sharing them with us. I know that the heroes will love them and I am sure they will make many people happy.

Anonymous said...

Your work is lovely. Will send you an email for some info.

Marie