Monday, September 7, 2009

Bookplate gift set and a card...

Here are some bookplates I made to go with a book I was giving to a friend.




I just some bought some labels at a office supply store, the type you can feed through a printer. They come in a lot of sizes, for this project I used the 2" x 4" labels. Using the English Garden digital kit from Marks Paper Company, I made five 2"x4"bookplate graphics in Photoshop. Next, in MS Word, I inserted these images into a label template that corresponded with the size labels I was using (a lot of the common label templates come already set up in MS Word). Once I had the template filled with images, I printed several copies of the page onto the labels sheets. I made one bookplate a little more fancy by attaching it to the bracketed journal die-cut that is included in the English Garden kit. This is the one I'm going to place in the book that I'm giving to my friend.To wrap the sheets of printed labels, I rolled them up inside a sheet of patterned paper and added a ribbon and a few flowers. The project was featured on the Marks Paper Company blog last week, if you haven't been to over the blog yet, you should check it out - there is lots of inspiration there.

And while I had my Marks Paper Company products out, I made this birthday card. I used some glimmer mist on the flower die-cuts, it gave them such a nice shimmer.


No comments: