Sunday, January 25, 2009

Recycled Holiday Cards

Well, I'm almost done uploading holiday cards, just a couple more posts to go and I'm only a little behind my original goal for getting this done. :) Oh well, I did have food poisoning for a couple of days which set me back. Actually me and my friend both got food poisoning and what we had in common for lunch was turkey from Subway. I have never been a big fan of Subway, but after this experience, I will not be eating there again, sorry Jared...

Anyway, enough of that, here are a few cards that I made from recycling greeting cards I received last year. Re-purposing old cards is a really easy way to make some great cards and be earth-friendly.




The little snowflake embellishments on the card above were (I think) transformed with a little alcohol ink. The photos below show ones that have have been dabbed with silver alcohol ink next to plain white ones. The silver ones have so much more depth and look much more elegant. The ones on the card have a little blue alcohol ink on them as well.



No comments: