Monday, June 28, 2010

Eyeglass Case and a Couple of Cards...

Here's some Tattered Angels goodness. I altered this little wooden eyeglass case I got at the craft store.

Products: Wood Case: Michael's; Twig, Leaves: Michael's; String: Stampin' Up; Chipboard Owl: Tattered Angels; Ledger Patterned Paper: My Little Shoebox; Gems: Prima, MAMBI; Glimmer Mist (Key Lime Pie, Coffee Shop): Tattered Angels; Glimmer Glaze (Cowboy): Tattered Angels.

The flap part of the case absorbed glimmer mist very well, but the rest of the case was a different type of wood and wasn't absorbing the mist very well and I wasn't getting the dark brown color I wanted. This situation ended being a perfect example to showcase the difference between Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Glaze. I remembered I had a dark brown Glimmer Glaze (Cowboy), so I applied one coat of the Glaze with a paintbrush to the case. The thicker consistency of the Glaze compared to the Mist worked perfectly and I got the lovely dark brown shimmer I was looking for. Then I just added a few embellishments including the adorable chipboard owl from the Nature Glimmer Chip set.

The next project I want to show you is a Happy Birthday card.

Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: My Little Shoebox; Flower: Prima; Chipboard Letters: Tattered Angels; Letter Stickers: Pink Paislee; Chipboard Butterfly: Tattered Angels; Chalk Ink: Clearsnap; Buttons: Autumn Leaves; Glimmer Mist (Key Lime Pie, Viva Pink, Suede): Tattered Angels.

I used a stencil and Key Lime Pie Glimmer Mist to create the pattern on top of the notebook paper (from My Little Shoebox). The chipboard letter H and butterfly (Tattered Angels Butterfly Framed Fonts Set) were sprayed with Key Lime Pie and Suede Glimmer Mist and inked around the edges with a brown chalk ink. The original color of the pink letter stickers was not quite dark enough for the card, so I placed the stickers on a sheet of cardstock and then sprayed them with Viva Pink Glimmer Mist. The stickers have a coating on them that prevented the mist from adhering to the face of the stickers but the mist did absorb into the letters in from the back and sides. I think this gave them a nice inked edge look.

Here's a cute little Thinking of You card.

Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: My Little Shoebox; Tag and Bird Diecut: Tattered Angels; Chipboard Frame: Tattered Angels; Ribbon: Offray; Rub-on: Breezy Design; Glimmer Mist (Key Lime Pie, Meadow Green, Sweet Clover, Sand, Water Slide): Tattered Angels.

I layered some patterned paper and scalloped diecut (both are from My Little Shoebox). The large tag (Tattered Tags - Frames and Flourishes) was sprayed with Sand Glimmer Mist. The bird diecut (VaVa Victorian Irresistible Chips) was sprayed with Suede and Water Slide Glimmer Mists. The chipboard frame behind is from the Regal Framed Fonts Collection, it was sprayed with Key Lime Pie and Sweet Clover Glimmer Mists.

Take care and thanks for stopping by today. - Patty

No comments: