Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow and an Always Friends Album...

It finally stopped snowing here in DC. In my area, we have a little over two feet of snow and thankfully our power is still on. I know there are a lot of power outages from the storm. I feel awful for those without power right now and I'm hoping their power gets restored very soon!  Here is a photo I took around noon today, it kept snowing until the evening, so another few inches accumulated beyond what is shown here. I really can't believe how much snow DC has been getting this winter, makes me feel like I'm back in Pittsburgh. I used a tag from the Marks Paper Company Digital Winter Wrap Kit to frame this photo.

Speaking of snow... for my latest project for the Tattered Angels blog, I worked with the Frosty Glimmer Glass Album. However, I modified a bit to make into a non-seasonal friends album. I made the album as a gift for a couple of friends that are moving to Seattle. I'm going to miss them bunches.

The layout of the album is basically a theme per page. I left all the journal cards blank so they (my friends) could write what they want to remember about each of the events documented in the photos. In addition to the photo pages, I included some envelopes that have hand-written notes from me and some of their other friends.

The paper in the Tattered Angels albums is very nice, it really holds up to a lot of Glimmer Mist application. When I was done the book ended up being so thick I decided to bind it with string instead of putting it back into the original wire coil binding.


Below are images of all of the interior pages. The little images on the right hand side of the images sheets are details views of the album pages. 

For the backgrounds I used a mix of patterned paper and glimmer misted sheets. The patterned paper is all from My Mind's Eye and the glimmer mist colors are Sand, Crushed Shells, Meadow Green, Turquoise Blue, Suede, Twilight, Coffee Shop and Candy Apple Red. The


I placed all of the photos into frames from the Pocket Watch Framed Font Set and the new Postage Stamp Frames Font Set. I just cut the little knobs off of the pocket watch frames to make them plain circles. I sprayed all of the frames with Dazzling Diamonds and Pearl.

The embellishments are from K &Company’s new Blossomwood Collection, My Mind's Eye, Making Memories and Mark Richards.


Products: Album: Tattered Angels; Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye; Journal Cards: My Mind's Eye; Diecuts: My Mind's Eye, K&Company; Chipboard Titles: Making Memories, Deja Views, K&Company; Chipboard Frames: Tattered Angels; Transparency Diecuts: K&Company; Acrylic Baubles: K&Company; Glittered Baubles: Mark Richards; String: Sun Dance Catalog; Eyelets: We R Memory Keepers; Glimmer Mist (Sand, Crushed Shells, Meadow Green, Turquoise Blue, Suede, Twilight, Coffee Shop, Candy Apple Red, Dazzling Diamonds, and Pearl): Tattered Angels; Envelopes: gift from a friend who visited India.

For February the Tattered Angels Design Team is integrating lovely Webster's Pages products into their projects, so check the TA blog often and I'm sure you will find some inspiration there!

Take care, stay warm and thanks for stopping by today. Patty

No comments: