Saturday, January 2, 2010

Finishing up 2009...

Today I'm uploading all of the cards I've made in the past month or so that haven't been posted yet. Trying to clean up so I'm ready to start my 2010 project file!  Most of these cards (along with some others that have been previously posted) went into a card box that I made as a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law. I bought a pretty box from Joann Fabrics, made nine tabs to divide the box into sections (birthday, care and concern, congratulations, just because, thank you, spring holidays, summer holidays, fall holidays, winter holidays) and then I filled it with cards. Sorry, the only photo I have of it is this one.



So, this first card is a quick and easy one. I just sprayed some glimmer mist on the card and then applied a bunch of rub-ons and gems. I love how the white rub-ons create the look you would get from using a mask, but with the rub-ons, the lines are much more defined than you would get using a mask. 


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Rub-ons: Imaginisce, We R Memory Keepers; Gems: Imaginisce; Spray Ink: Tattered Angels.

Here are a few cards with an autumnal feel to them. My favorite part of these cards are the flowers assembled from little felt pumpkins.



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Journaling Sheet: Making Memories; Felt Pumpkins: Target; Chipboard Flower: Target; Gems: Prima; Twine: Stampin’ Up!; Leaf Stickers: EK Success; Greeting Stamp: American Crafts; Ink: Clearsnap.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Journaling Sheet: Making Memories; Felt Pumpkins: Target; Chipboard Flower: Target; Gems: Prima; Letter Stickers: Pink Paislee; Twine: Stampin’ Up!; Lace: Making Memories; Ribbon: Offray.



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Journaling Sheet: Making Memories; Ribbon: Offray; Glittered Leaves: Michaels; Twine: Stampin’ Up!; Chipboard: EK Success; Greeting Stamp: American Crafts; Ink: Clearsnap.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: Target; Pumpkin Stickers: Target; Leaf Sequins: Target; Ribbon: Target; Gems: Imaginisce; Glitter: Ranger; Glittered Greeting Stickers: K&Company.

Below are a couple more cards I made using Anna Griffin's Darcey Collection. I've previously made five or six cards with this collection. I really like it; the papers I have left are going to be good for making more masculine cards like the second one below.



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: Anna Griffin; Diecut: Anna Griffin; Ribbon: Offray; Gems: Prima; Leaf Pins: Maya Road; Button: Papertrey Ink; Rub-on: Deja Views.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: Anna Griffin; Diecut: Anna Griffin; Letter Stickers: Pink Paislee, October Afternoon.


This card was made using the Marcella by K Marmelade Collection. I made one of my all time favorite cards using this collection - it was a birthday card, and you can see that one here.



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: Marcella by K; Flower Stickers: Marcella by K; Letter Stickers: Doodlebug; Gems: MAMBI; Ink: Clearsnap.

Here is one using Making Memories Chloe's Closet Collection, I have good supply of this collection left in my stash, but I'm not sure I'm feelin' it. I'll probably give it one more try, but so far, I don't like what I've made with it. I made two cards, and one isn't even going to get posted, because I just don't like how it turned out.


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Patterned Paper: Making Memories; Flower Sticker: Making Memories; Diecuts: Making Memories; Rub-on: Melissa Frances; Button Brads: Making Memories; Twine: Stampin’ Up!; Lace: Making Memories.

Next are some really simple cards made using stamps from Papertrey Ink. I have bought their stamps before, but this is the first time I actually got around to using them. :)  I like them very much. I was particularly impressed with the greeting stamps and how thin and crisp the lines came out (unless you mess it up a little like I did on the second card)  :)


Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Flower: Prima; Leaf Stamps: Papertrey Ink; Greeting Stamp: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Clearsnap.
 

Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Flower: Prima; Leaf Stamps: Papertrey Ink; Greeting Stamp: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Clearsnap.



Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Buttons: Papertrey Ink, Autumn Leaves; Stamps: Papertrey Ink; Ribbon: American Crafts; Ink: Clearsnap.
 

Products: Blank Card: PaperSource; Cardstock: Bazzill; Buttons: Papertrey Ink, Autumn Leaves; Stamps: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Clearsnap.
 
So, here is the last set. This is a bunch of mini cards/tags that I made using some Colorbok tags. These were very inexpensive to make. All together, there are 18 of them and it probably didn't cost more than a couple of dollars to make them. The printed tags I used came in packs that cost a dollar. I embellished them with a few small prima flowers, rub-ons, and acrylic drops. Because the cards are so small, I was able to find the cardstock for the card bases in my scraps pile. Really, the most expensive thing will be the envelopes if I use them like cards instead of tags. 
 



Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Tag: Colorbok; Flowers: Prima; Acrylic Drops: The Robins Nest.
 
OK, so that wraps up the 2009 cards. I still have a couple of mini albums from last year to post, hopefully I can get to that today as well.    Thanks so much for stopping by!  Patty

1 comment:

Shemaine Smith said...

Fantastic cards! Beautiful designs!! Could you email me at shemainesmith@yahoo.com. I've got a question for you about your photos. :)