Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Did you make any resolutions this year... are any of them the same as the ones you made last year... :)  Some of mine are... and that's kind of depressing, so I'm going to try really hard to stay focused this year and keep that from happening again! 

One of them is to be better with keeping up with my blog. So, here is my first post for the New Year. This is a Family Mini Album I made as a gift for my Mother this Christmas. I made using the Tattered Angels Regal Chip Tile Kit. This kit is fabulous - all of the elements included in the kit work together perfectly, it made creating this album so easy. 

The image below is of the front and back covers. I sprayed all of the chip tiles with sand glimmer mist (first time I’ve used this color, I love it, one of my new favorites!) It was easy to cut the photo to fit inside the glimmer glass frame. I just placed the glimmer glass on the photo; traced around the inside and then just cut my image a little larger than the line I drew so it would be sure to fit completely under the frame. On the back cover, the patterned paper used behind the journaling card and on the heart actually came from the packaging.



The next two set of images are the interior pages. The concept of the album is “family”. I made a page for myself and each one of my brothers and sisters. Each of our pages includes a couple photos on the front side and a note to my mother written on a journaling tag and inserted into a slot on the back of the page. The inside front cover has photos of my parents and the inside back cover had a group family photos that was taken last Christmas.


All of the pages were covered with sand glimmer mist. For each of the “kids” pages, I inked the fronts to bring out the details on the glimmer chips (red-pink on the girls and blue on the boys). On the backs I used the included glimmer screen mist to create a swirly pattern. I used Starfish Glimmer Mist on the girls pages and the Patina Glimmer Mist on the boys pages (both of these colors come with the kit).






The next two sets of images show detail views of the album. I accented the pages with all of the goodies that came in the kit: glimmer glass, buttons, tulle and ribbon. The key that comes in the kit is beautiful; I tied it on the binding ring with ribbon and tulle (you can see a photo of that on the first image).





Also, I recently got a peak at some of the new releases that will be coming up from Tattered Angels, including the exclusive Heidi Swapp collection. And, I must tell you, it is all FABULOUS!!! Hopefully there will be some sneak peeks coming out soon. You are definitely going to want to be watching for these products as they get released, you are going to love them! 

Thanks for stopping by today, wishing you and your family a happy and safe New Year!  Patty

1 comment:

Scrappycath said...

This is gorgeous! What a great gift for your mother to treasure!